Rushden & Diamonds F.C.
Just as Rushden & Diamonds Football Club is a merger of two teams, so also is the club crest.
The new crest of Rushden & Diamonds FC, formed in 1992 by the merger of Rushden Town FC (1889-1992) and Irthlingborough Diamonds FC (1946-1992) is shown to the right.
The Rampant Lion comes from the crest of the Sartoris family who, in 1922, donated a piece of land on Hayden Road to the Rushden Sports Club. This became home to both Rushden Town Football Club and Rushden Town Cricket Club.
The Crosskeys of St. Peter's Church, Irthlingborough were featured on the old Irthlingborough Diamonds FC crest and represent a key to Heaven and a key to Hell. The keys can also featured in the bridge that straddles the River Neme near the club's Nene Park ground.
The Blue Diamonds are taken from the original Irthlingborough Diamonds' crest (shown above left) while the Red and White Hoops are from the original Rushden Town crest (shown right).
Running through the middle of the new crest is a representation of the River Nene.
Thanks to Andrew Bubeer, Communications Manager at Rushden & Diamonds FC, for the above crests and information.