Moor Green F.C.

Moor Green F.C. CrestThe formal heraldic description of the crest of Moor Green FC reads as follows:

'Quarterly per pale indented, first and fourth a barry of six pieces argent and azure; second a bear and ragged staff proper; third a maunch vert. A mural crown or issuant there from two arms embowed vested azure, the hands supporting a football all proper.'

The club's current crest was designed by honorary engineer and architect, Wilfred H. Veal. It is intended to record the origin of Moor Green Football Club by incorporating the bear and ragged staff of Warwickshire, and the green maunch (a long sleeve of a gown) from the coat of arms of Sir John de la More of Moor Hall, Kings Norton (13th century).

The first and fourth quarters merely represent the club colours which were decided by the founders of the club - players from Moseley Ashfield Cricket Club - who were a mixture of Oxford and Cambridge Dons.

The overall design of the crest was based on the design of the City of Birmingham coat of arms. Translated, the motto, 'Calx Terminus Esto', means, 'The Goal, The End'.

Thanks to Martin North, Programme Editor at Moor Green FC, for the above crest and information.


<< Maidstone United F.C. - Football Crests of England - Mossley AFC >>



Moor Green F.C.

  • Club location:
    England
  • Club colours:
    Dark & Light Blue
  • Club formed:
    1901
  • Crest created:
    Unknown
  • Stadium:
    The Moorlands
  • Website:
    Moor Green F.C.
  • Page added:
    10 Jul 2003
  • Page views:
    9,907

  • Ownership of the crest(s) on this page belongs to Moor Green Football Club

§ © 2000 - 2016 FootballCrests.com All Rights Reserved Privacy Statement §