Newhaven FC is one of the oldest football clubs in the county of Sussex, having been formed in 1887.
The club was founded members of the Sussex County League in 1920, but it wasn't until the 1949 season that the first silverware found its way to Newhaven when the Sussex County F.A. Invitation Cup was won.
The club's most notable achievements since, have been the two Sussex County League Division 1 titles won in 1953 and 1974.
The club crest - an anchor entwined by a rope - represents the town's nautical heritage. It is displayed in the main club colour of red.
Newhaven FC's nickname is 'The Dockers', again marking the importance of Newhaven as a seaport.
Thanks to Peter Foote, Secretary at Newhaven FC, for the above crest and information.