Leyton Pennant F.C.

Leyton Pennant FC Crest The current crest of Leyton Pennant FC is an amalgamation of the of the crests of the two clubs that came together to form the club at the end of the 1994-95 season (Leyton FC and Walthamstow Pennant FC).

The shield section is made up of three distinct sections:

At the top, the lion rampant comes from the old coat of arms of the Borough of Leyton (now part of the London Borough of Waltham Forest).

The middle section is believed to represent the Essex coat of arms with the chevrons replacing the notched seaxes (or swords). A football has been added to mark the sport played by the club.

At the bottom, a stag's head and crown is taken from the Waltham Forest coat of arms. The wild animal, crown and green background colour signify the importance of the Royal forest of Waltham that once dominated the area.

At the top of the overall crest, a pennant is displayed having been taken from the old Walthamstow Pennant club crest. The original club was called 'Pennant' having been formed in a house on Pennant Road, Walthamstow during the 1960s.

At the bottom of the crest, the motto, "amicitias per ludis", translates as "friendship through sport".

>Thanks to Andy Perkins, Honorary Secretary at Leyton Pennant FC, for the above crest and information.


<< Leyton Orient F.C. - Football Crests of England - Liverpool F.C. (Supporters Banner & Crest) >>



Leyton Pennant F.C.

  • Club location:
    England
  • Club colours:
    White & Navy Blue
  • Club formed:
    1868
  • Crest created:
    1995
  • Stadium:
    Wadham Lodge
  • Website:
    Unknown
  • Page added:
    8 Apr 2002
  • Page views:
    9,650

  • Ownership of the crest(s) on this page belongs to Leyton Pennant Football Club

§ © 2000 - 2016 FootballCrests.com All Rights Reserved Privacy Statement §