Hurstpierpoint FC was formed in 1886 and originally played on a pitch near 'Danny House', an Elizabethan mansion with extensive grounds. It now plays at the Fairfield Recreation Ground (which has now been the club's home for more than 50 years).
The club's current crest was designed in 1986 to commemorate the club's centenary. It was commissioned by the then club chairman, Bill Marchant, and designed by one of Bill's neighbours, a Mrs. Sampson, who was a commercial artist and illustrator.
The image of a knight (Sir Richard De Pierrepoint) was taken from the Hurstpierpoint village sign (to be found on the village green). Added to this is the club name (and for one year, during the club's centenary season, the numerals, "1886-1986").
Thanks to Lee Saunders, Manager at Hurstpierpoint FC, for the above crest and information. (Additional information from Simon Marchant of East Sussex County Council.)