Hampton & Richmond Borough F.C
It is not known when the original Hampton & Richmond Borough FC (then known as Hampton FC) crest was launched, but the current design was introduced during the mid-1970s.
The original crest, which was arguably more popular than the current among the clubs' supporters, consisted of a red and blue, 4-quarter shield design, with a scroll displaying 'Hampton FC'. The red and blue backgrounds were removed when the club changed its colours from red & blue to black & white. Now, ironically, the club has reverted to a red & blue home strip!
On the current design, the top left hand panel hold the Middlesex County Coat of Arms.
The top right panel shows a church. This is St Mary's Parish Church that overlooks the River Thames on Hampton Court Road approximately 150 yards from the club's Beveree ground. The church steeple is clearly visible from inside the stadium.
The bottom left panel depicts what is more locally known as 'The Pepper Pot'. This is in fact a structure called 'Garrick's Temple', a building designed in 1758 for poet David Garrick (b.1717-d.1779) which is situated on the Middlesex banks of the Thames, opposite his Villa, again on Hampton Court Road.
The bottom right panel symbolises the River Thames - the banks of which are just 100 yards from the club's stadium.
Plans are afoot to redesign the Hampton & Richmond Borough FC crest to give it a more modern and corporate image.
Thanks to Nick Taylor, Programme Editor at Hampton & Richmond Borough FC, for the above crest and information.