Gosport Borough F.C.

Current Gosport Borough FC Crest Gosport Borough FC was formed just after the D-Day landings in 1944 (as Gosport Borough Athletic) and immediately adopted the crest of Gosport Borough Council as its own.

The club used this crest until the mid-1980s when the Council - and then the football club - adopted a more modern crest.

Gosport Borough FC reverted back to the traditional crest a few years later, but its modern equivalent was retained by the club's youth section (see below).

Alternate Gosport Borough FC Crest Both crests recall the legend of King Stephen who reigned in the mid-twelfth century. It was said that Stephen was caught up in a great storm in the Solent before being rescued by local fishermen. He called the site of his landing "God's Port".

The original club crest was designed for the newly formed Borough of Gosport in 1922 by Martin Snape. The motto, "God's Port Our Haven", was added in 1946.

The latest version of the crest used by Gosport Borough FC - introduced in 2003 - shows the original Martin Snape design and 1946 motto with the club initials, "GBFC", added below.

Thanks to Keith Chalmers, Website Manager at Gosport Borough FC, for the above crest and information.


<< Fulham F.C. - Football Crests of England - Greenwich Borough F.C. >>



Gosport Borough F.C.

  • Club location:
    England
  • Club colours:
    Yellow & Blue
  • Club formed:
    1944
  • Crest created:
    2003
  • Stadium:
    Privett Park
  • Website:
    Gosport Borough F.C.
  • Page added:
    7 Oct 2003
  • Page views:
    10,843

  • Ownership of the crest(s) on this page belongs to Gosport Borough Football Club

§ © 2000 - 2016 FootballCrests.com All Rights Reserved Privacy Statement §