Ebbsfleet United F.C.
Ebbsfleet United FC is the latest name for Gravesend & Northfleet F.C. which was formed in 1946 following the Second World War. The club was formed after a merger between Gravesend United FC (originally formed in 1893) and Northfleet United FC (originally formed in 1890) with the new club retaining the red and white home colours (and the Stonebridge Road stadium) of Northfleet United FC.
Ebbsfleet United's new name was chosen to better identify the club with its surrounding region of West Kent. The club's crest remains largely unchanged, retaining its powerful visual impact and simple design. The club has also retained its colours and nickname "The Fleet".
A circle split in two colours depicts the current home and away club colours. The red half represents the home colours - an image of a ship marking the famous Northfleet dockyards. The yellow half of the circle represents the away colours - the image of a football marking the sport played by the club.
Below the circle, a motto reads, 'The Fleet'. This was the nickname of Northfleet United FC and now also of Gravesend and Northfleet FC. Around the outside of the crest, the post war club name is displayed.
Thanks to Robert Grindley, Commercial Director at Ebbsfleet United FC, for the above crest and information.