Colne F.C.

Current Colne FC Crest The crest used by Colne FCis the arms of the former Colne Borough Council (which became part of Pendle Borough Council in 1974). Although it is uncertain when the when the coat of arms were created, the first mayor of Colne was elected in 1895.

The shield is split into three 'fesses' (horizontal bands). The top fesse shows a ram and represents the local woollen trade.

The centre fesse shows a fig-leaf between two Roman coins. The ancient Chapelry of Colne is historically described as being like a fig-leaf and as broad as it was long (six miles each way). The coins, and the Roman letter "C" in the centre of the leaf, represent the Roman occupation of Colne (then called Colunio).

The bottom fesse displays a cotton plant, representing the local cotton trade.

The rampant lion at the top of the arms (strictly speaking, its crest) is from the armorial insignia of the De Lacys', who were the ancient Lords of the Manor of Colne.

The motto, "We Long Endure", is said to mark the long and varied history of the Colne area.

The crest of the current Colne FC (used since the club's formation in 1996) is the same as that previously used by the famous - now defunct - Colne Dynamoes FC.

Thanks to Ray Davies, Secretary at Colne FC, for the above crest and information. (Additional information from Pendle Borough Council.)


<< Colchester United F.C. - Football Crests of England - Cove F.C. >>



Colne F.C.

  • Club location:
    England
  • Club colours:
    All Red
  • Club formed:
    1996
  • Crest created:
    Unknown
  • Stadium:
    Croft Park
  • Website:
    Colne F.C.
  • Page added:
    18 Oct 2002
  • Page views:
    9,604

  • Ownership of the crest(s) on this page belongs to Colne Football Club

§ © 2000 - 2016 FootballCrests.com All Rights Reserved Privacy Statement §