Buckie Thistle F.C.
Situated in a fishing town on the Moray Firth, Buckie Thistle FC was formed in 1889, and has participated in the Highland League since 1909.
Throughout the club's history, it has won many honours and has had several good runs in the Scottish Cup. In fact, "The Jags" hold the distinction of being the only Highland League side (or indeed non-league side in Scotland) to have won a Scottish Cup game at Hampden Park when the team defeated Queen's Park FC in a fourth round replay in 1954.
Since it's formation, the club has always worn a thistle emblem. A saltire (cross) was then added to the crest during the early part of the twentieth century.
The current club crest, which is based on earlier designs, was updated in 2001 by Steve Saddler, when he set up the club's official website.
The club has worn its distinctive green and white hooped shirts since 1908.
Thanks to Ian Geddes, Secretary (Development Association) and Easton Thain (Club Historian) at Buckie Thistle FC, for the above crest and information.