The club known as B36 (short for Bˇltfelagi [Football Club] 1936) was officially formed on 28 April 1936 as an alternative to the older Tˇrshavn based club, HB.
The first crest / logo to be used by the club was a black 'waving' flag with an old-style football and the letters 'B36' shown. Its origins are, however, unknown and this crest was never officially adopted.
In the late 1950s or early 1960s, B36 made an overseas trip to (it is believed) Iceland or The Shetlands (records are unclear as to the exact dates and destination). As club banners / pennants were needed so that they could be presented to the host clubs on this tour, a new club crest / logo was produced. This has been in use by the club ever since, and is now accepted as its official crest (shown above right).
This crest shows a more up-to-date football and once again the letters 'B36'. Interestingly the shape of the overall image was designed to fit perfectly onto a standard pointed banner or pennant.
B36's original (home) club strip consisted of black shirts with white sleeves, white shorts and hooped black and white socks. This was a direct copy of the strip the club's founders believed Arsenal FC (dominant in England at the time) to wear - a mistake made because, of course, all of the photos at the time were in black and white only!
B36 has since changed its home colours to all white shirts, black shorts and white socks (while the away strip consists of black shirts and black or white shorts and socks as appropriate).
Thanks to Hannis Egholm, Club Secretary at B36, for the above crest and information.
Football Crests of Faroe Islands - B71 >>